The mechanical rubber seals effectively form air-tight spaces in jar caps, mixers, pumps, etc. They are also designed for oil and fuel resistance. That makes them more in demand even in large projects, like airplanes.
Moreover, they come with numerous purposes, including
- Harmful leakage prevention
- Connecting two materials
- Barrier purposes
- Tightly closing some objects
Your Reliable Mechanical Seal Manufacturer
Lindas professionally manufactures a series of mechanical seals, especially rubber ones. There are comprehensive options of styles, sizes, thicknesses, and even colors that suit your projects or business. Our expert manufacturing team guarantees accurate and smooth seals’ cutting lines or edges. Also, we ensure their quality performance, including being dustproof and prevent fluid leakage.
We always have solutions for mechanical seal, O-rings, rubber gaskets, and custom types. Our R&D team can produce the exact rubber seals according to your sample or drawings. Feel free to contact us right here!
Other Mechanical Seal Applications
Mechanical rubber seals are versatile materials typical in these areas.
- Food Processing
- Power Plants
- Water System
- Metallurgy Industry
- Rotating Machines
- Chemical Facilities
- Papermaking Factories
Benefits of Using Mechanical Rubber Seals
Here are some of the benefits of using rubber for mechanical sealing.
- The rubber-type seal always returns to its original form, even stretched repeatedly.
- When the adjacent surfaces squeeze them, their properties respond to the stress, allowing rubbers to fit perfectly in sealing gaps.
- Its characteristic offers a secure and tight sealing quality.
- Mechanical rubber seals work well for tight barriers and prevent liquid or gas loss.
- Large manufacturers commonly use rubber seals because they offer reliable sealing for machinery, compressors, and other rotating equipment.
- Part of its benefits is protection against corrosion and defense against entry from outside elements.
Selecting Suitable Rubber for Mechanical Seals
Since there are numerous types of mechanical rubber seals, selecting the right ones for specific applications can be difficult. Therefore, here are some of the following factors in choosing suitable rubbers;
There are specific types of rubbers specializing in certain areas. Using the best type enables performance excellence.
Environmental conditions must take into consideration because they have a significant impact on the rubber’s characteristics.
It demonstrates the rubber’s capacity for operating pressure. Viewing this enables maximum effectiveness.
A Rubber seal’s flexibility and performance are affected when the temperature exceeds its safe operating range.
Despite being well developed for the quality used, mechanical seals with rubber type may have potential issues. Here are the suggestions below on how to prevent them from happening.
- Reduce the surface clearance as much as possible to prevent rubber seals from extruding in high-pressure operations.
- Regular inspections of keyways, edge leads, and shaft ends are necessary.
- Rubber seals must be handled carefully and kept away sharp from tools or edges.
- The seal contact area for dynamic applications should be free of machining flaws.
- The pressure on the end faces must be strictly controlled to ensure the necessary liquid film between the end faces. If the pressure is too high, it is not easy to form a stable lubricating liquid film, which will lead to the rapid wear of the end face. If the pressure is too small, it will affect the sealing effect and lead to an increase in leakage.